Jagaran Josh is providing the Current Affairs quiz for its readers. This is a compilation of test questions related to today's Current Affairs – Agricultural Census and Women's Startup Summit
1. Which World has recently been declared a measles free by the World Health Organization?
a. Sri Lanka
2. According to the 10th Agriculture Census (2015-16), the percentage of operating ownership of women in agriculture has increased from 13% in 2010-11 to what percentage in the year 2015-16?
a. 15 percent
b. 16 percent
c. 14 percent
d. 18 percent
3. How many central labor laws related to occupational safety, health and workplace status have the central cabinet approved a bill related to building a code?
4 . Which state government has recently decided to pay compensation of Rs 7-7 lakh to the families of farmers who have committed suicide in the last five years?
a. Andhra Pradesh
5. Which of the following medal winners have won the women's 100 meter race in 30th Summer University Games organized by Runika Dutty Chand in Italy?
a. Silver medal
b. Bronze medal
c. Gold Medal
d. None of these
6 . Recently, in which of the following places was the meeting of the India-ASEAN Trinika Trade Ministers?
a. New Delhi
7 . Where is the Women's Startup Summit 2019 organized in India?
8. Kariyakos Mitskawis was recently elected as the Prime Minister of which country?
b. South Korea
9 . Which of the following is celebrated as World Population Day?
a. July 10
b. July 12
c. July 11
d. 09 July
10. Which of the following Indian footballers has won the AIFF "Player of the Year" title?
a. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
b. Message Shrinking
c. Sunil Chhetri
d. Udantha Singh
1. a Sri Lanka [1 945 9 006] World Health Organization (WHO) has become the 5th country of South Asia declared as Sri Lanka Khasraa-free. Sri Lanka also got control over measles after one year of rubella control. Maldives, Bhutan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea and East Timor are the other countries to get rid of measles in this area. Measles is a serious and highly contagious disease that can cause fatal diseases such as encephalitis, diarrhea, dehydration, pneumonia, ear infections and permanent vision loss.
2. c. 14 percent
About 80% of the total active population of the agriculture sector is employed, out of which 33% are also engaged in agricultural labor force and 48% as self-employed farmer. According to Economic Survey 2017-18, increased participation of women in agriculture has resulted in increase in migration of men in urban areas to urban areas. Agricultural Census was first introduced in the year 1970-71.
3. d. 13
This code will be applicable to establishments where 10 or more employees are employed. Labor laws of the country are quite complex and the government wants to make it easy. This will benefit about 400 million people in the organized and unorganized sector.
4. a Andhra Pradesh
According to the crime records bureau of the district, about 1,513 farmers have committed suicide during the year 2014-19. The Chief Minister ordered the District Magistrates to collect the data related to the suicides of farmers in the districts concerned and collect compensation from the district collector from their district and get compensation from every farmer's family.
5. c. Gold Medal
He is the first Indian to win Gold in a 100 meter race in any of the Summer Universities. Dutty Chand won the race taking the time of 11.32 seconds in the 100 meters event. He has also won two silver medals in Asian Games. Bundi Chand is training abroad for the Tokyo Olympics these days.
6. a New Delhi
A meeting of the trade ministers of India-Asean Trio (Troika) was held in New Delhi. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the ongoing regional economic partnership. ASEAN Southeast Asian is a group of 10 countries.
7. b. Kochi
To promote female entrepreneurship in India, Kerala Startup Mission will organize Women's Startup Summit in Kochi on August 1. The theme of this summit is Developing an Inclusive Entrepreneurship Ecosystem. Women professionals, entrepreneurs and women in the corporate sector can also participate in this conference.
8. d. Greece
Conservative party leader Kirriakos Mitsakovis took oath as the new Prime Minister of Greece after winning the elections. He defeated leftist leader Alexis Cipras. They have expressed their commitment to end the economic crisis.
9. c. July 11
The main purpose of this day is to familiarize people with various subjects related to the growing population. Various programs are organized on this day in which people are warned against the danger due to population growth. China and India are the world's most populous countries. It was launched by the governing council of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in the year 1989.
10. c. Sunil Chhetri
India's star football player Sunil Chhetri has been selected "Player of the Year" in the AIFF male category. Sunil Chhetri has won this title record for the sixth time. Sunil Chhetri has played 109 matches for India.